Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H) Programme is basically a unique programme offered by the Government of Malaysia for foreigners and expats worldwide who wish to apply for a 5 years (renewable) long term pass in Malaysia. The programme is open to citizens of all countries recognized by Malaysia regardless of race, religion, or gender.
Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H) Programme has been reactivated with several amendments made to the policy:
- Monthly income required to qualify is revised from RM10,000 to RM40,000 a month.
- Main applicant need to prove his/her liquid assets amounting minimum of RM1,500,000 in order to apply under MM2H Programme.
- The fixed deposit requirement has been increased to RM1,000,000. Applicant age 35 to 49 year old with dependent, must deposit an additional amount of RM50,000 for each dependent into the fixed deposit. The applicant is allowed to withdraw up to 50% from the fixed deposit after one year for the purposes of education, healthcare and purchasing house.
- The MM2H's Pass holder and /or their respective spouses shall reside in Malaysia for at least 90 days (cumulatively) in a year
- The minimum age of main applicant is increased from 21 to 35 years old
- Government fee(s) are also being revised. The new annual pass fee will be RM500 from RM90 previously and there will be a processing fee charge by immigration department of RM5,000 for the principal and RM2,500 for each dependent upon approval.
- All new MM2H applications are to be submitted online.